Description: Dorsey Wright Money Management Internship
Location: Pasadena, CA
Internship Job Purpose: Opportunity to learn different aspects of Dorsey Wright’s investment management business. Role will involve supporting research initiatives, client service, operations, and sales and marketing.
- Gain an understanding of momentum investing by reading Point & Figure Charting by Thomas J. Dorsey, and momentum white papers by John Lewis.
- Complete several basic research projects on momentum investing using the Dr. Ken R. French Data Library
- Develop a number of research initiatives that will be completed with the assistance of Dorsey Wright’s portfolio management team. This research will be published on the Dorsey Wright blog
- Make outgoing calls to financial advisors to make them aware of the availability of Dorsey Wright’s investment products
- Help expand Dorsey Wright’s prospecting list by searching out qualified prospects
- Provide assistance with boosting Dorsey Wright’s web presence and e-mail campaigns
- Provide operational assistance that includes monitoring daily account contribution and withdrawal requests, creating welcome packets for new clients, and compiling quarterly client reports
- Answering the phones and directing calls to the appropriate team member
- Participate in networking opportunities with our business partners
Hours: Up to 20 hours a week
Qualifications: Freshman or sophomore who is pursuing a bachelor’s degree
Job Seekers: Send resumes to Andy Hyer at email@example.com